Dr Shane Lawlor
D.C., M.Sc., B.Sc, ICSC
Sports Chiropractor, Ireland
Shane is a Sports Chiropractor and an expert in the treatment, assessment and rehabilitation of golf injuries. He has extensive post graduate training in the treatment of sports & soft tissue injuries including low back & functional rehabilitation. He holds a Masters in Sports and Exercise Medicine through the University of South Wales in the UK. His dissertation was on ‘Injury Prevalence & Risk Factors in Elite Irish Junior Golfers’.
Shane worked on both the European & PGA Tours for 10 years and his main clients included Padraig Harrington, Shane Lowry, Michael Hoey, Peter Uihlein & Ross Fisher. He has consulted to the Golf Ireland High Performance National junior panels since 2017 assisting with the long term development of Ireland’s elite junior golfers. He is currently one of the European representatives for the Federation Internationale de Chiropratique du Sport (FICS) Executive Council.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chiropractic (2006)
Welsh Institute of Chiropractic, University of South Wales ,Wales, UK
- Doctor of Chiropractic (2007) European Academy of Chiropractic
- M.Sc. in Sports & Exercise Medicine (August 2021) University of South Wales, UK.
Dissertation: Injury Prevalence & Risk Factors in Irish Elite Junior Golfers: A 2-year retrospective study
Employment & Experience:
- Clinic Director and Sports Chiropractor at Lawlor Clinic (Jan 2009 to Present)
2 Audville Terrace, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland
- Consultant Sports Chiropractor at Rowing Ireland (Jan 2021 to Present)
Providing Sports Chiropractic, Performance Therapy and Rehabilitation for members of the Irish Olympic Rowing Team.
- Consultant Sports Chiropractor at Golf Ireland (Jan 2017 to Present)
Providing Sports Chiropractic, Performance Therapy and Rehabilitation for members of Golf Ireland Under 16 and 18 National Panels.
- Consultant Sports Chiropractor on European and PGA Tours. (May 2009 to May 2019)
Providing Sports Chiropractic, Performance Therapy and Rehabilitation for Professional Golfers on the European and PGA Tours.
- Associate Chiropractor at Hands-On Health Treatments, (July 2006 to Dec 2008)
Keynsham, Frenchay & Downend Bristol, UK
- Lead Instructor Active Release Techniques (ART®) (October 2010 to Present) Teaching the ART® Soft Tissue System to manual therapists across Europe.
Certifications & Courses:
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (2011 to Present)
Certified DNS Practitioner (August 2017) & Exercise Trainer (June 2018) DNS A-D
DNS Exercise 1-3, DNS Golf, DNS Czech Get Up & Squat
- Active Release Techniques (ART®) (2007 to Present)
Spine, Lower Extremity and Upper Extremity Level 1
Spine, Lower Extremity and Upper Extremity Level 2
Masters ART Course, Long Tract Nerve Entrapments and Complex Protocols
- Titleist Performance Institute & Functional Movement Systems
Certified Level One Golf Fitness Instructor (2009)
Certified Medical Professional Level Two & Medical Professional Level Three (2010) Certified Fitness Professional Level Two (2015)
Certified Functional Movement Screen Level 1 & 2 (2011)
Certified Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Level 1 (2015)
- McGill Method
Level 1, 2 & 3 (2006, 2018 & 2019)
- FICS Upper Extremity Seminar
Oxford, UK (2018)
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC®)
Dublin, Ireland (2017)
Thiene, Italy. Level 1 and 2 (2015)
- Myofascial Dry Needling
AECC, Bournemouth, UK (2006)