Version date January 21, 2019
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, we may collect and process the following the personal data:
- date of birth
- postal address
- telephone numbers
- organization name
- email address
- credit card, bank information or billing information
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Location information
Personal data we collect from others – this is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites (operated by another member we are affiliated with) or use any other services provided by another member of our group or us.
Non-personal data – We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g. Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use Non-personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, on the phone or in person (i.e., the date, time, and method of contact), details about payments you make to us, events or activities that you register for or attend and any other support you provide to us. We may also collect and record any other relevant information you share with us about yourself, including your interests or your affiliations with other nonprofits, community groups, sporting organisations or other volunteer organisations.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We will only process your Personal Data including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
WE MAY USE PERSONAL DATA FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
Personal Data you give to us. We will use this Personal Data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your membership or sponsorship, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- To process contributions, sponsorships and purchases from our eLearning system;
- To provide our newsletters and publications, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to your questions and provide related services;
- To provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- To tailor advertising that is presented to you on the Internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics (as described below);
- To respond to applications for employment;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
- Where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
Information we collect about you. We will use this Personal Data:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Personal Data we receive from other sources:
- We will combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information without verifiable parent or guardian consent. If you are under 18, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone numbers, or email address, unless you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and do not have a parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
In accordance with certain state laws, minors under the age of 18 may remove or request and obtain removal of content and information that they post on the Site.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, or if you wish to remove or request and obtain removal of content and information, please contact us at email@example.com.
FICS MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- A member of our group
- Partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Financial Transactions. FICS contracts third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services and order fulfillment services. If you choose to make a contribution online, by phone, through the mail or by other means, or make a purchase from our eLearning Store we will share your personal information with our processing service providers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- Trusted third-party companies and individuals
YOU MAY ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES BY CONTACTING US:
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
FICS has adopted and adheres to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information at fics-sport.org against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the safeguards that FICS has developed for this site are administrative, physical and technical barriers that together form a protective firewall around the information stored at this site. We periodically subject our site to simulated intrusion tests and have developed comprehensive disaster recovery plans.
COOKIES AND PIXELS:
You do not have to accept our cookies and can block them by opting out. You may also delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive. If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of the Site that you access may take more time to work, or may not function properly.
What information do we collect using cookies?
We may collect some, or all, of the information available from cookies when you visit our website, depending on how you use it. We monitor how people use our website so we can improve it. We collect this information anonymously.
However, you can choose to use our website anonymously without giving us any information by changing your cookie preferences.
- the areas of the website you visit;
- the amount of time you spend on the site;
- whether you are new to the site, or have visited it before;
- the country, region, city and/or borough associated with your IP address or device;
- how you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine;
- the type of device and browser you use;
- how you use the website and the quality of your experience – for example we may track your bandwidth when viewing videos;
- how you interact with our payment and sign up forms – for example what you select as your communication preferences; and
- any error messages that you receive on the site
Although not through cookies, we do measure the success of the emails we send – so we know what subject lines and stories people liked the most. We receive this information anonymously, we don’t share this information.
In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include “links” to other websites from our website. FICS’ privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. Anytime you leave the FICS website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third-parties might do with the information. For example, when you click on our payment gateway at the FICS site, you will be connected with the third-party merchant’s website (even if the FICS name/logo is on the screen). This merchant website should have its own privacy statement applying to transactions at their website. It is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully, BEFORE you use any services or programs offered.
CONTACTING FICS ABOUT PRIVACY PREFERENCES:
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by sending a message to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.