Switzerland Lausanne – ICSC lOWER Extremity Seminar
20th – 21st August 2022
This event is registered for the following per approved CE Credits.
- EUROPEAN CHIROPRACTIC UNION (ECU) – 20 CE Credits + Masterclass – 3 CE Credits
- SWITZERLAND National Association – 12 CE Credits
This hands-on International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS) seminar in partnership with the Switzerland Chiropractic Sports Council can be undertaken as a stand-alone CPD event by any chiropractor or final year chiropractic student who is serious about becoming a great sports practitioner and getting the best results for their patients.
This seminar meets one of the ‘hands-on seminar’ requirements of the FICS International Certificate in Sports Chiropractic (ICSC) and the minimum standard for those wishing to develop the competencies required in sports chiropractic to serve at official FICS international events. To learn more about the ICSC, please visit: https://fics.sport/education/
The 1.5-day programme for this seminar incorporates (10 hours of theory and 10 hours of Practical workshops) FICS’ renewed ICSC curriculum and includes a range of lectures with a sports chiropractic focus, although relevant information for general chiropractic practice is included.
PROGRAMME OUTLINE Lower Extremity – (ankle, foot, hip and knee) – Program overview and learning objectives
- Emergency procedures theory and practicum assessment
- Mopal/CMT theory and lab
- Soft tissue Interventions theory and lab
- Taping theory and lab
- Lower extremity practicum assessment
Theory: Participants will be connected to the theory part of this course 30 days before the face to face seminar. The participant completed the theory as online learning and consists of five sections each two hours. The theory MUST be completed prior to attending the face-to-face practicum session.
Practical Face to Face: 20-21ST AUGUST 2022 (10 hours Practical)
Saturday 20 AUGUST
INSTRUCTOR: Dr Timothy Ray and Dr Jon Mulholland.
08:00 – 08:30 Registration/ Welcome Tea & Coffee
08:30 – 12:30 Lectures + short breaks
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:30 Lectures + short breaks
ICSC Masterclass: Saturday 20 August 2022
16:00 – 19:00 – Utilizing Neuro-Orthopedic and Functional Rehabilitation to Treat Sport-Related Concussions and Head Injuries
INSTRUCTOR: CV – Dr. Erik Reis – The Neural Connection – Erchonia – UK / Dr. Erik Reis – Bio
Masterclass Education Objectives
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, and symptoms of concussion, whiplash, and sport-related head injury.
- Explain modern neuron theory and how low-level laser can optimize cellular communication within the PNS/CNS.
- Conceptualize how changes in autonomic function affect the brain and body following a concussion and trauma.
- Share relevant research about the gut/brain connection and how it becomes dysfunctional following a traumatic event.
- Give an overview of the neuroinflammatory cascade of trauma and how low-level laser impacts inflammatory processes.
About the Masterclass: This masterclass will take a deep dive into understanding the physiology, anatomy, and neurometabolic outcomes that occur with concussions, whiplash, and sports-related head injuries. The lecture will be paired with clinical examination techniques and demonstrations to give the attendees a better understanding of diagnosing and treating these debilitating conditions. As a brain injury specialist, Dr. Erik Reis, DC, DACNB, CBIS, knows the long-term impact of TBI, concussions & whiplash, and has first-hand experience with how their influences extend far throughout the entire brain and body. Dr. Reis will guide attendees on understanding the complexities of the brain and body through scientifically proven therapies & interventions to yield maximum patient results.
Sunday 21 AUGUST:
INSTRUCTOR: Dr Timothy Ray and Dr Jon Mulholland.
08:00 – 08:30 Registration/ Tea & Coffee
08:30 – 12.00 Lectures + short breaks
Close of ICSC Stream
Registration fee for ICSC stream + Masterclass – This is a seminar for Chiropractors
The numbers for the Masterclass are limited due to the room’s capability. Registrants attending the ICSC Lower Extremity Seminar will be given first preference. If you are not attending the Lower Extremity Seminar and would like to register your expression of interest to attend this Masterclass only, please email email@example.com.
We will reach out to you in early August if spots are available.
- FICS and NCSC members: 550 CHF
- Non-members: 700 CHF **
- Final year student / 1st-year graduate: 400 CHF (At time of registration please enter your Chiropractic School and expected graduation date in the notes field) ** 50.00 CHF coupon available for Swiss NCSC students. refer below for details.
** Reach out to the Switzerland NCSC for information on how you can sign up to be a member for the member’s rate.
** Student pricing. If you are a Switzerland based student, SCSC NCSC has a special arrangement to encourage Switzerland assistants-students to join the SCSC (waiving of the membership entry fee for their NCSC) and enabling you to strive towards the completion of the ICSC Upper and Lower Extremity hands-on seminars (50.00 CHF discount for each seminar). ** Swiss ‘Student-Assistant’ Special: Reach out to the Swiss NCSC for a discount code before you register to receive the 50.00 CHF on registration. Students should note that membership at the Swiss Chiropractic Sports Council (SCSC) is needed if you would like support in the obtention of the FICS International Certification of Sports Chiropractic (ICSC) Membership with SCSC for students is: Regular first-year member fee is 100.00 CHF. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– To encourage joining the SCSC, a 50.00 CHF (Swiss franc) allowance is granted.
– In addition to this, SCSC will pay 50.00 CHF (Swiss francs) for each student who goes on to complete the ICSC hands-on seminar.
Accommodation: (self-book): because of the Athletissima event in Lausanne, it is recommended you make hotel reservations EARLY.
Venue: Lausanne Switzerland,
MSI Maison du Sport International Avenue de Rhodanie 54, CH-1007
CHF400.00 - CHF700.00