Chiropractic Sports Injuries (ICSC) #09 of 10: Special Sport Populations
Course Descriptions: This course will cover special sports populations including: Paralympic athletes, female athletes, transgender athletes, senior athletes, pediatric athletes. This course will also discuss sports nutrition and hydration as well as special sports conditions including: sports hernia and sports dermatology. Finally, mental performance in athletics will be discussed.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand various aspects of sports nutrition including: nutritional support for athletes with diabetes, sports nutrition, hydration in sport, and applications of herbs in sport.
- Define the transgender athlete and discuss participation of the transgender athlete in sport.
- Develop an understanding of the special requirements for Paralympic athletes and describe the treatment of Paralympic athletes in sport.
- Develop an understanding of the special consideration when working with pediatric, female and senior athletes.
- Describe mental skills which will aid an athlete with their mental performance in athletics.
- Define sports hernia and sports dermatology and describe the treatment of each condition in sport