The International Federation of Sports Chiropractic/Fédération Internationale de Chiropratique du Sport (FICS) is comprised of national chiropractic sports councils (NCSC) worldwide and individual members. FICS has affiliations with international organizations within the chiropractic profession and the world of sports.
The vision of FICS is: Every athlete deserves access to sports chiropractic!
The Mission of FICS is: To empower athletes so they can achieve their optimal performance naturally
Goals of FICS are:
- to see that athletes in all sports, have access to, when needed, the specialized skills of chiropractors, as part of the sports health care team;
- to promote excellence in post graduate education and practice in sports chiropractic around the world;
- to promote research in sports chiropractic;
- to represent the chiropractic profession in sport;
- to establish National Chiropractic Sports Councils throughout the world;
- to forge relationships with International Sporting Organisations; throughout the world to ensure that the highest levels of professionalism are displayed by our members.
The FICS Pillars of Strength
Skills and Knowledge
Enhancing skills and knowledge for all Sport Chiropractors through:
- Online courses;
- Hands-on courses;
Facilitation and Enablement
Facilitating and enabling sports chiropractic care for all athletes.
Building sustainable partnerships with all our stakeholders through:
- Marketing and delivering our value proposition;
- Volunteer sport chiropractic services within the world of sport.
Education and Recognition
Contributing to education and attaining recognition through
FICS Value Statement
The FICS value statement is a declaration that informs our stakeholders and members about what our core principles are. It is used to create a positive image of the organisation and to help us achieve positive outcomes for our stakeholders.
As the leaders in Sport Chiropractic we strive to provide equitable access to sports chiropractic care, education, mentoring and research to all athletes and sports chiropractors regionally, nationally and internationally.